Taking Writing 101 & Blogging 101 has definitely been a great experience. It’s given me a lot of ideas and inspiration on writing, something I had forgotten that I enjoyed. It’s also opened up my eyes to this new world of blogging, and its amazing community. I discovered how much work is involved in starting up and maintaining a blog (a lot of work!). I enjoyed the experience of posting daily, but half-way through the course, it became a little overwhelming. Balancing blogging with work and my family life was difficult when posting daily, but after a break and limiting my posts, I’m finding it much more manageable.
So as for the future, I’m not sure what it will hold. But if I had to make some wishes for the next 5 years, it would look like this:
- Keep up the blog, build an audience, and find many more (Frenchie!) things to blog about
- Find/stumble upon my ideal creative career or work /study towards it
- Fit in at least a trip or two to Paris (I have planned so far in a few years time)
- Finally finish my French language course/diploma and become fluent (I have been on an intermediate level for many years)
- Buy a house
- Have one more baby (yikes!)
Hopefully I will see some of you during my journey of making this wish list a reality. I look forward to writing all about it!
Writing 101: Day 20
Congratulations! It’s the final day of Writing 101. We hope these prompts have encouraged you to brainstorm and write in new ways and introduced you to new tools and resources.
As we wind down the course, let’s look forward. What’s next? Some prompts to get you started:
- Next month, I plan to . . .
- What does the remainder of 2015 hold for you?
- I believe that my future looks . . .
- In the future, I could do without . . .
- 5, 10, 20 years from now . . .
Thanks so much for joining us this month! As we wrap up the course, stop by the Commons to ask any additional questions and see what fellow participants are up to next.