When I’m not writing I am:
- Working part time as a medical scientist. It sounds fascinating, and it is. But it’s now become more of a source of income than my main interest.
- Being a Mum to my beautiful one year old. Every day brings a new challenge but I wouldn’t change it for the world.
- Internet shopping. I’m kind of on a ban for now, but browsing through websites is a past time of mine. Though browsing is half the fun, the real rush is when you click ‘CHECKOUT’ and the package arrives a week later…
- Doing chores. The usual boring stuff.
- Watching TV. I love trashy TV, there I’ll admit it. From reality to really bad daytime soaps, if it’s mind numbing I’ll usually give it a go… It’s not all bad viewing though as I also enjoy drama, a bit of comedy and occasional documentaries. I am a bit more selective nowadays, as my time is limited! I’m really looking forward to the return of Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge, Scandal and Once Upon a Time.
- Indulging in something sweet. Chocolate mainly. I’m trying to cut down a bit though as I’ve been over indulging way too much lately…
- Thinking. About what to get at the supermarket. About what to have for lunch/dinner. About what to wear. About what to blog about. About a career change.
I wish I had more time for:
- Reading. I try to get a few pages read of magazines, books, blogs, anything really.
- Yoga. I haven’t had the time in so long. My body and mind are aching for it. I must make time.
- Baking. I love baking, but it’s so time consuming, well the recipes that I like to do are. I occasionally get the chance to throw together some brownies or cupcakes, but it’s not as satisfying as spending a few hours making macarons.
- More sleep. Blogging and being a mother seems to decrease the likelihood of this.
Feature photo credit: M. Evangelista
Writing 101: Day 11
Writing and not writing
What do you do when you’re not writing? How do you reset and return to this dashboard, refreshed? What do you need in your day-to-day life to maintain balance: Running? Yoga? Gardening? Painting? Cooking?
Today, publish your post in any form you wish, as long as you focus on one or all of these questions.